Monday 13 February 2012

So tomorrow is Valentines Day X

The Day of Love it tomorrow, I have spent the day doing a bit of pre-valintiens prep. First I've made some yummy chicken stock from last night free range roast chicken dinner. In the seasoning I have used some pink pepper corns. I bought them for a recipe I was going to make but alas I can-not remember the recipe any more! So I used them in the stock. My valentine and I will be having chicken risotto for our valentine dinner, with lots of parmesan, and olive oil drizzled on top.





Next I thought we needed some lovely bread to go with our meal, I like to have a little dipping blows with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  I decided to make some special red bread, how very romantic, using half a quantity of River Cottage basic bread recipe, to that I have added one medium sized finely grated beetroot and a large sprig of chopped rosemary. It's in the oven right now! I have never made bread with beetroot in it before but it is smelling good,will let you know how it turns out tomorrow! 


I though it would be fun to make some rose flavoured chocolates for my love. I took one bar of organic white chocolate and some rose syrup and melted the two together, and then poured it into  a silicon heart  mould, they are drying out nicely but you will have to wait till tomorrow for the finished photos. Now I have one very messy kitchen to tidy up before I make tonights dinner, and no I will not be showing any photos of my messy kitchen now or tomorrow! 



No comments: